Not using Cedega to play on linux? Help us build the Linux Gaming Wiki!
Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
From Cedega Wiki
 Game Info
|Game version||1.00, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09|
|Installer||Works fine, except the statusbar does not show up, and therefore the state of the installation is not recognizable.|
|Game||Works, without any issues|
|Patch||up to version 1.09 works fine|
|Headquarter||Functions are nor working, throwing exceptions|
|Download patch||Unknown, unable to install|
|Demo works||Unknown, not tested|
|Requires no-cd patch||No, not required|
|Multiplayer works||No, not tested|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||6.1.1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||6.1.1 (best), 5.2.10 (full game only)|
|Supported by TransGaming||Yes, certified|
- Cedega detects the game dvd correctly and connects it with the game database entry
- You can not see the progress bar, but the installer will show you when it is finished.
- Do not use FBO if you want to be able to set vfx detail higher than "low"
- Use FBO if you want to have shadows displayed
- The game itself runs really very good in cedega.
- Alsa sound may lagg --> "Decrease Server Priority" may solve the problem
- Some models are not textrued from a special point of view, changes during gameplay.
- Shadows are not displayed if you disable fbo
- You can not set vfx settings to anything higher than low if you enable fbo
- The rest of the settings can be set to your needs
- With my system: Athlon 4600+, 2gb RAm, 7800GT the game runs very smooth (about 30fps every time) at medium settings (shaders: medium, anti-aliasing 1; vfx-detail:medium, terrain detail: medium, shadows:low, 1280x1024, unit detail:high)
- Lan Play does not work. If you open the server, then it is displayed at the other pc's, but they can not connect :-(. If others open a server, you can not see it in your lan lobby :-( ..
- Will not currently install with Cedega 5.2.10 and 6.0. The C&C3:TW installer requires a new version of the Windows Installer which is not currently supported.
- Needs some native dlls