Not using Cedega to play on linux? Help us build the Linux Gaming Wiki!
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
From Cedega Wiki
 Game Info
|Installer||Does not work (see below)|
|Game||Does not work (see below)|
|Patch||Does not work (see below)|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||-|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.1, 4.4.3, 4.2.1, WINE 0.9.7|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
- Installer will not even start, giving a blank screen in both Cedega and WINE. To install:
- Create a directory someplace, and copy Desperados.exe, game.inf, Extras, and Game to that directory.
- Go into the Game directory, and extract the files in Game.pac to the Game directory. (Note: all .pac files are renamed zips; ark and File Roller both read them without problems.) After doing this, Game/game.exe should exist.
- Go into the Data directory, and do the same to the five .pac files in that directory. After doing this, the directory Game/Data/Animations should exist, and contain 57 files.
- At this point, the .pac files are unneeded, though you may want to keep them around for a bit, just in case you forgot to process one.
- The game does not work in Cedega; it crashes a second after startup.
- In WINE, the game almost works. Problems:
- The mouse cannot be moved. Although it is possible to navigate the menus with the keyboard, the game requires the use of a mouse, and so is made unplayable.
- Some items have a green box around them. This is visible on the train in the first level.
- The sound skips and stutters badly.
- Other than that, the game appears to work. If the mouse issue is fixed, the game will likely become playable.
- In both Cedega and WINE, the patch cannot find the installation.
- By adjusting the relevant system.reg file to include:
[Software\\Spellbound Software\\Desperados 1.0] 1132853380 "InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Desperados" [Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\Desperados 1.0] 1132853380 "DisplayName"="Desperados 1.0" "UninstallString"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Desperados\\Desperados.exe\" -uninstall"
the error message changes to believing the installation is corrupt.
- Oddly enough, the corrupt installation error occurs on Windows as well.