Not using Cedega to play on linux? Help us build the Linux Gaming Wiki!
 Game Info
|Installer||Works, with minor issues|
|Game||Works, with very minor issues|
|Patch||Works, no known problems|
|Download patch||Mirror 1 (kaneoheboy.com)
Mirror 2 (DLH.net)
|Download demo||Google search (google.com)|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||6.0 (best), 4.2.1, 4.0.1, 4.0-1, 3.3.2-1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||6.0, 4.2.1, 4.0.1, 4.0-1, 3.3.2-1|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||No Mutants Allowed|
- Installation screen is initially blank - need to move the mouse cursor around to 'paint' the screen visible
- The 'fade' effect that plays going in and out of the main menu is extremely slow
- To get fast and smooth fade effect start the game with:
nice -19 cedega -run FO Fallout.exe or
nice -19 wine 'C:\Program\BlackIsle\Fallout\fallout.exe'
((jerryb1961) Setting compatibility to Win95 also solved the fading problem for me. YMMV.)
- Interestingly enough, the fade effects seem to work just well in the demo.
- The fade effect depends on CPU speed, and with a CPU that is changing speed depending on load you can get very slow fades, or very fast, depending on your system load when you start the game. Have not tested yet if the start trick from above helps for speed-stepping CPUs, tho.