Not using Cedega to play on linux? Help us build the Linux Gaming Wiki!
 Game Info
|Game version||1.0 and 1.2|
|Installer||Works, no known problems|
|Game||Works as of Cedege 4.0.1, with annoying but not fatal issues (see below)|
|Patch||Does NOT work - seems to, but actually corrupts the game (see below)|
|Demo works||Yes - set Winver to "win2k" - has same control issues as the full game|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||4.1.1 (best), 4.0.1|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||4.1.1, 4.0.1, 4.0|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
- Patch installer does not work. It seems to work properly, but actually ends up corrupting the game. The patch (and the full game) can be installed via Windows natively or through VMWare, and then copied over. The game also works unpatched.
- Game must be run in "win2k" or "winxp" mode, or it will lock up during the opening animations.
- Game has some fairly annoying control issues, though not bad enough to make the game unplayable:
- Left-clicking on the ground to make a character move does not work at all - you must right-click and then select 'Move Here' to move without performing an action
- After being given an order, a character might get confused and go in the wrong direction, walking blindly into obstacles and generally acting completely stupid. This is easily corrected by left-clicking - as soon as the click happens, the character stops acting stupid and performs the original order.
Set in Patriot City circa 1962, Freedom Force is a tactical RPG that bristles with the over-the-top action of the comic books. It's up to you to form and lead Freedom Force, a team of heroes capable of standing toe-to-toe against insane villains who are hell bent on crimes that range from bank robbery through to world domination! Will the team you build be able to survive 30 all-out slugfests through rich and varied Patriot City locations while upholding justice and protecting the innocent?