Not using Cedega to play on linux? Help us build the Linux Gaming Wiki!
Need for Speed: High Stakes
From Cedega Wiki
(Redirected from Need for Speed: Road Challenge)
Also known as: Need for Speed: Road Challenge
 Game Info
|Installer||Works, minor issues|
|Download patch||nfshpatch4_50.exe mirrorlist (3DGamers)
nfshspatch4_44.exe mirrorlist (3DGamers)
Unofficial Stock Pack
|Download demo||Mirrorlist (3Dgamers)|
|Requires no-cd patch||No (after stock pack applied)|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||5.2.6 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.2.6, 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1, 3.3.2-1|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||Unofficial stuff for NFS
Fansite Need for Better Speed
 Howto Get It Working
- 1. Download and apply Stock Pack.
- 2. Copy all files from Your_CD_ROM_Drive/Data/Audio/Music to the proper location on hard drive (ie: $HOME/.cedega/Need for Speed: High Stakes/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/NFS4/Data/Audio/Music).
- Now, if you are lucky, game should be working in software mode.
- Note: 3D setup is still unusable.
- 3D device setup doesn't work. An unknown error occurs.
- Game is protected by some version of Safedisc. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Cedega. I tried to use a no-cd patch, but it gave nothing more than another error message.