Not using Cedega to play on linux? Help us build the Linux Gaming Wiki!
Rome: Total War
From Cedega Wiki
 Game Info
|Game||Works, with some issues (see notes)|
|Patch||Works without problems|
|Download patch||Rome: Total War Patch (3D Gamers)|
|Demo works||Not Tested|
|Download demo||Playable demo (Battle of Trebia map) (3D Gamers)|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||-|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||6.0.1 (best), 5.2.9, 4.1|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||Rome: Total War -- Official site|
- The game DOES work fine in Cedega 6.0.1, just start the game up in WinXP mode for Copy Protection to pass.
- Issues have been reported at the forums.
- I have an NVidia 7800 GTX, I found that this game wouldn't work until I updated to the latest NVidia drivers (1.0.9746=>100.14.19).
- The game has issues with screen sizes. Sometimes the area of screen which is scanned for mouse actions, is different to that displayed. I found the worst problems when the screen ratios differ and best results when the sizes match. I use Xorg size 1280x960, campaign size 1280x960 and battle size 1024x768 and gameplay is fine.
- If switching screens (Ctrl+Alt+F7/F8) I found that the game wouldn't redraw the screen, when the screen size differed from the normal X resolution (ie see above, in Battle mode).
 Older Issues
- The installer will only work under
--winver WinMEand when started from the directory, in which the install files reside.
- It is not possible to switch CDs while installing. To work around that copy the first CD to a temporary directory, run the install from there, and when asked for the next CD, copy the content of that CD into same dir, overwriting files as needed.
- Game fails to start without NoCD patch.
- With a NoCD patch, the game runs and will allow you to choose and load game pieces. This assumes you can read through the reversed letters. For instance, a 'Q' is a 'T' and so forth. In Tactical Battle, everything but arrows will be invisible.
- In Cedega 5.2.9, the game installs, but upon running it, all fonts and images will become corrupted. (v1.2).
- Demo suffers same failures.