Not using Cedega to play on linux? Help us build the Linux Gaming Wiki!
Star Wars Galaxies
 Game Info
|Game version||Publish 27.9|
|Installer||Works, no problems|
|Game||Works; no problems|
|Patch||Works, no problems|
|Download patch||Automatically loaded from central server|
|Download demo||Download Trial works Gamespot|
|Requires no-cd patch||No|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||6.0.2 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||4.X, 5.X, 6.X|
|Supported by TransGaming||Yes|
|URLs||Star Wars Galaxies - official site
SWG on Allakhazam
- Launcher/Patcher seems to be slower then when using Windo$e.
- Mouse is different when windows are open.(inventory, bank stc...) [Fixed since Cedega 4.3]
- Buttons on "Launcher" barely display. [Workaround: Toggle runlevel(desktop) forth and back.]
- The game may crash with the ALSA driver. Use OSS.
- Font may appear clogged and unreadable in-game. A possible fix is to disable shaders.
- If you haven't installed the Mozilla ActiveX Control for Cedega you will experience erratic errors inside the launcher. Such as the launcher repeatedly asking for the location of your game. To solve this: In Cedega click
Transgaming -> Check for Updates -> [x] Mozcontrol
- SOE Does not support the running of SWG on a linux (yet)
- If the launcher comes up as "Sony Online" instead of launching SWG, add
/game:starwarsto the command line.
- If the game quietly crashes on launch, try copying Secur32.dll from a Windows partition or the Internet to your c_drive/windows/system32 folder. (Only necessary for Cedega versions earlier than 4.3)
- After Publish 12 (January 2005), some users may need to use Cedega 4.2.1 in order to play. Galaxies can report 'DirectX 9.0b' when under a 4.0 release.
- If you have 1GB memory or more (as SWG runs MUCH smoother with more than 512MB) make sure that you enable large memory support in your kernel. By default, most distro's kernels run without large mem support and will only use about 880 MB. Enabling large memory support will provide a good boost to FPS especially in built up areas!
- If the launcher crashes immediately after it reads "Loading Graphics...", it will probably help to disable "FreeType and XRender" in your Cedega game profile.
Immerse yourself in the Star Wars universe.
Human, Rodian, Bothan, Twi'lek, Mon Calamari, Trandoshan, Wookiee, Ithorian, Sullustan
Jedi, Officer, Medic, Commando, Trader, Entertainer, Spy, Bounty Hunter, or Smuggler.
- An extensive crafting game play with Traders
ShipWright, StructureEngineer, DroidEngineer, WeaponSmith, ArmorSmith, Taylor, DomesticEngineer
- Piloting with "Jump to Light speed" added long ago.
(YES space for those that remember XvT and XWA)
- Individual expertise system per Profession.
- Beast Mastery expertise system
[Star Wars Galaxies wikipedia]