Not using Cedega to play on linux? Help us build the Linux Gaming Wiki!
The Bard's Tale
 Game Info
|Installer||Does not work, but has workaround|
|Game||Works, minor issues|
|Patch||Have not tried|
|Download demo||download from UGO|
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||6.1 beta 3|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.2.9, 5.0.3, 6.1 beta3|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
 Installation Issues
- Demo uses MSI installer which is not working. Installation of instmsia.exe doesn't help.
- The full version uses Nullsoft installer. It's not possible to view and pass license agreement. There are two possible workarounds:
Method 1: Use /S command line option! (This will launch silent install). NB: "S" must be in uppercase.
Method 2: You need to use native windows dll-s. First, to pass licence agreement, you need riched20.dll (use google to search "riched20.dll download"). Secondly, to pass Window Media Player 9 check, extract contents of wmfdist.exe to the $GAMEFOLDER/c_drive/windows/system32 directory. Command
will do it. If all dll-s are in place, installation works well.
 Game Issues
- Using cedega 6.1 beta 3 engine, game works. Using default settings, there can be two problems:
1. An audio issue: Audio and video are not in sync. Using alsa backend as audiodriver will fix those problems. 2. Slow motion: All action works in slow motion. Workaround: Set GL shading language to "no" and set pixel shaders version to 1.3.
 Older Issues
- DVD version of Game uses a version of SecuRom copyprotection which is not working with cedega. Download a fixed exe from [www.gamecopyworld.com].
- If you have done all black magic to get so far, game will crash anyway. Debug output will show repeating messages: warn:ddraw:D3D_GL_set_texture_stage_state unsupported texture stage.