Not using Cedega to play on linux? Help us build the Linux Gaming Wiki!
 Game Info
|Download demo||From fileplanet, can get there from link off main site as well.|
|Requires no-cd patch||Yes|
|Works with Cedega version(s)||6.0 (best)|
|Tested with Cedega version(s)||5.2.2, 6.0|
|Supported by TransGaming||No|
|URLs||Titan Quest -- Official homepage|
Installer requires win2k or winxp modes. May complain about a system with below minimum requirements. Ignoring the complaint allows for smooth installation anyway.
Requires win2k or winxp mode.
- Requires win2k or winxp mode.
- Requires Pixel and Vertex Shaders 2.0 (Cedega 6.0 minimum).
- Error message "virtual memory must be enabled to play tqit" => add "skipCompatibilityChecks = true" to defaults.txt
- Error message "Graphic engine initialization..." => Copy d3dx9_27.dll to system32 directory
- Can't skip videos and can't see them (except intro) => Get ride of them by clearing the "Videos" directory !
- No fonts on menu items => no solution yet !! maybe this bug
At its heart Titan Quest is Diablo 2 with modern graphics. There have been small innovations in the genre, but generally the game simply takes the rock solid base of Diablo and spins a new tale. Taking place in ancient Greece right after the Titans find a way out of the prison Zeus relegated them to, you play the hero that will save the world from Zeus' rampaging brothers. Highly customizable classes as well as a ton of loot make for a quality hack-in-slash.